"Best in Seattle"


Sharing words of wisdom for HIGH OCTANE, balanced, integrated, high vibrational living with Maria J. Toro, LMP.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Practice makes better.

Today's flight: BEautiful day! I was listening to island music before flying, to relax. I'm committed to my relaxation this flight. I was going over the last flight in my mind, to make changes with this flight, improving on last time. I came to Larry with more questions before we took off, and the conversation proved helpful. LArry commented on how well I taxied us out of the hanger, to fuel and to runway for take off. I felt much more relaxed this week. I tried a new way of taking off based on our conversation and my questions. I lifted us up three times with so much power and ease, letting the plane do her thing, she wants to fly! GAve her full throttle, then ever so slight lift, and not allowing the nose to come up too high. leveling wings, as they played with the slight cross wind. Cut back the throttle to 20, prop to 23… wing flaps down 10 degrees… staying in the pattern… and so forth. Larry practiced a short runway takeoff, and this plane is so high performance….we were up very quickly! As I flew, I practiced maintaing altitude, which can be tricky with turbulence, and the ride was turbulent in patches today! LArry warned me of the increase of turbulence as the weather improves, we will hit more patches, so I breathed deep, and found relaxation in the turbulence, it bothered me little to not at within moments. I also Feel like I accomplished a firm understanding of the trim wheel, and keeping her trimmed, while I do less. My first landing was incredible! We both said how our landings have been WAY TOO FAST. We are coming in at 90-100 knots, and larry is used to this because he used to have floats on the plane, and you come in faster via water. So today we began at 80 knots. still pretty fast, but I had it smooth, and I was great with braking! Second landing we took her down to 75, third 70…WAY better! I worked on my turns, and pitching/banking. Larry said my 90 degree turn was "fantastic", kept nose level, and leveled out the plane. I did a great job of not letting the nose go up as we crossed the shoreline too. I am beginning to understand what he means when he says, "YOU will wear this plane". I like the feeling of "wearing the plane"! She is a brilliant plane… and he said, "you know, nobody learns on a 206! Their is a lot going on, WAY more, and we are moving faster!!! In many ways, it would be easier for you to learn in a 152/172. Less to manage, you don't go as fast". It did seem like a lot to pay attention to at first, I was really overwhelmed, but now, I feel much more comfortable with about 15 hours of flight time with Larry. Time of my life!!! SO thankful, love wearing the smile. Until next Tuesday, weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment