"Best in Seattle"


Sharing words of wisdom for HIGH OCTANE, balanced, integrated, high vibrational living with Maria J. Toro, LMP.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Rituals: small consistent steps made daily: it's how you live your whole life.

Rituals, small consistent steps made daily will improve all aspects of you. GROW U, GROW ME! The way you start your day is a reflection on how you will live your whole life, I heard this somewhere! Its true. It must be true, it resonates. It's all about the tiny things and the consistency in in the way you do things mindfully. Consistent, small steps, DAILY. A mindful practice, as a way of living. AS a child, I kid you not…I would clean and organize my bedroom before bedtime. I would then, lay out my clothes/outfit I was planning on wearing the next day ahead of time. Sometimes I would pack my lunch the night before school. All in hopes of setting my day up right for myself the following morning, it was necessary things began smooth. (Because life is not always smooth)I was sensitive, even then to the energetic frequency I could send out and receive. Such truth from early on, so innate! What a gift. I still believe setting yourself up for success begins the night before. I still like to walk thru my home, and put everything in its spot, cleaning as I go. (It is a great feeling to wake up to a clean home).I still like to set out my clothing options, which for me is more in depth, more prep work. I start my day with exercise, so I have that outfit put together. Then I have school, so an outfit for that. Oftentimes, I can continue to wear this same outfit to work, unless I get to go ride the horses, in which case, I have to prepare a bag for the barn(clothing, snacks:human and equine). This quarter I have an integrated studies class that is 4.5 hours long. My key to excelling is forward thinking/planning. I pack healthy snacks to graze on during class, as well as beverages. This helps me maintain focus and energy while learning. I love packing salads, almonds, string cheese, fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea, water and kombucha! My body thanks me for setting myself up the night before to succeed, and the serene security it lends with consistency. Another success Comes upon waking: to begin my day with thoughts of gratitude. So plentiful, I typically don't set a limit, I just start naming them off, one by one and soon, I am smiling from somewhere deep within. When we are thankful ,we attract more things to be thankful for. In addition, gratitude is a meditation. It actually slows us down so that we may be more present in each moment, showing up and LISTENING! Speaking of meditation. . . I have heard, we should practice at same time each day. Like each other consistent step, our body is much more comfortable when it recognizes its schedule, this brings comfort and peace. Meditate in the same place, and practice discipline of a set time. Start with 10 minutes and build. I heard we should meditate twice our age. So I am 37 that means: 37 + 37 = 74 minutes of meditation/day. Personally I split this up. However you creatively think up what works for you, just practice! Consistent. Small steps daily is how we live our whole lives! Working out and athleticism is huge for me. My body thanks me the most when I start my day this way, especially on school days! It makes sitting for 4.5 hours bearable. Working out as often as possible, multiple times a day. (Workout fuel. workout fuel.workout fuel). No better feeling than that of just finishing a workout! Working out makes all of life better. and so do this! do this 45 minutes to 1 hour each day. Working out is a lifestyle. Next up is WATER. WATER. WATER. WATER. HYDRATE. YOUR cells desire it. YOUR whole being will appreciate hydration. It keeps the brain sharper, athleticism improves, you entire quality of living, including the potential for slowing down the aging process, BEGINS with staying hydrated. DRINK PLAIN WATER. I have heard to drink half your body weight in ounces per day. So if you weigh 100#s, then 50 oz. H2O. Certainly caffeine and alcohol consumption would require you to drink more, as does certain physical activities, like running a 1/2 marathon! I think its a great habit to have a to do list going at all times. deadlines next to activities or placing them on the calendar to do, and scratching it off as you go is most rewarding. AS a student, and proudly a student for life, I believe it is important to LEARN daily. For me, I am currently enrolled and attending classes at college, and will continue to do so for at least the next 5 years. In addition to my continued formal education I am currently obtaining, it is pertinent to read 30-60 minutes per day. It can be anything… BUT it would be so great if some of these readings could be in the direction of self improvements, spiritual, healing. Fill your mind up with that juiciness! And then you share that information with your friends, bring them up too! Raise awareness. RAise your energy. RAise your antenna locking in a higher frequency. Sharing is caring, Right?!! Be consistent. Another great tip for a daily ritual is to actually write. Whether in a journal, a blog, a snail mail letter… goals you set for yourself as you look ahead! Maybe you are scripting out your entire day, or writing your gratitudes. Writing sets things in motion, it also has the ability to heal (globally and individually). And aside from consistent, small steps daily… it has to be appreciation and gratitude and simply being thankful for so much! To begin and end your day with thoughts of appreciation, gratitude you create space for more, you actually become an energetic vortex streaming more powerful positive vibes your way! It's the coolest thing! Mathematically proven, positive times positive equals positive. Positive times negative equals negative.(Booooooo, Hissssss) CHOOSE wisely. Mindfully. Make consistent steps daily. These rituals are the way in which you will have lived your life. How you start your day, sets the tone for your whole life. The little things are a HUGE deal. Lastly, I believe you should ALWAYS shower and or take a bath in epsom salts before bed at night. Wash off the whole day, clear the energies you came into contact with, so that you may have a restful night's sleep. In loving myself, I LOVE YOU. XOXO, Meta-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment