"Best in Seattle"


Sharing words of wisdom for HIGH OCTANE, balanced, integrated, high vibrational living with Maria J. Toro, LMP.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tuesdays are for FLYING with Larry.

Yes, THAT was awesome. She was my plane for a long haul today. I continued elevation climb, and held steady at 500feet/minute to clear first ridge past Squeim. Larry took the plane back, and we dove at 1500 feet/minute along the canyon. Just spectacular and a total RUSH. He cornered her and I gazed out my window at the tops of trees so close by, just past our 19 foot wing! He did a nice tight turn in the canyon and dove down the valley to landing in Port Angelos. We hopped out and took a look around at NO ACTION, and boarded the Stationair 206. He said, YOUR PLANE! With that, I SMILED and taxied us down the runway. We waited while a touch and go was on final. My takeoff was my best yet, especially with the crosswind. I had the mental time to see the flight before taking off to go thru a plan in my head with the weather conditions, knowing I would have to meet my right cross wind and not allow the nose to push us up to stall. BEST YET. I flew us out of the pattern and all the way home to Paine Field to land. I ALMOST had our landing, I needed help right at the very end. Larry said, "YOU ALMOST HAD IT< SO CLOSE!" Practice makes better. I am beginning to wear her! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment